(WalletHub) – The personal-finance website WalletHub released its report on 2019’s Happiest Cities in America.
In order to determine where people in America are most content with their lives, WalletHub compared more than 180 of the largest U.S. cities across 31 key indicators of happiness. The data set ranges from depression rate to income-growth rate to average leisure time spent per day.
Top 20 Happiest Cities in America
1 Plano, TX
2 Irvine, CA
3 Madison, WI
4 Fremont, CA
5 Huntington Beach, CA
6 Fargo, ND
7 Grand Prairie, TX
8 San Jose, CA
9 Scottsdale, AZ
10 San Francisco, CA
- Miami, Hialeah, Fort Lauderdale and Pembroke Pines, Florida, all have the lowest depression rate, 12.50 percent, which is 2.3 times lower than in Charleston, West Virginia, the city with the highest at 28.90 percent.
- Boston has the lowest number of suicides per 100,000 residents, 4.48, which is 6.9 times lower than in Juneau, Alaska, the city with the highest at 30.83.
- Fremont, California, has the lowest separation & divorce rate, 15.96 percent, which is three times lower than in Detroit, the city with the highest at 47.44 percent.
- Overland Park, Kansas, has the lowest share of adults sleeping less than 7 hours per night, 25.60 percent, which is two times lower than in Detroit, the city with the highest at 50.10 percent.
- Cheyenne, Wyoming, has the lowest average commute time, 14.0 minutes, which is 2.9 times lower than in New York, the city with the highest at 40.8 minutes.
To view the full report and your city’s rank, visit: