(EDITOR’S NOTE: You can purchase Jack Hanna items here).
Columbus Zoo and Aquarium
Join the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium in celebrating the man in khaki – Jungle Jack Hanna! This special event, included with the purchase of regular Zoo admission, will take place on Sept. 21 and 22 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Special activities include:
· Jack Hanna Live on Stage!: Jungle Jack Hanna takes the stage with all of his animal friends at the Surfin’ Safari stage near Conservation Lake. Jack will share stories about his exciting travels and animal adventures. Shows will take place at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. each day, and Jack will also sign autographs after the 11 a.m. show both days.
· Jungle Jack’s Activity Stations: Participate in these exciting games and activities for the opportunity to win some wild prizes.
· Hanna-versary Character Meet and Greet and Rolling Celebration, presented by Donatos: The Zoo’s Character Ambassadors will don their khaki and strut their stuff around the Zoo for Meet and Greets and special Rolling Celebrations to celebrate Jungle Jack. Meet and Greets will take place each day at 9:30 a.m., 11:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. The Character Ambassador Rolling Celebrations will take place both days at 10:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m., 2:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.
· Surfin Safari demonstrations, presented by Nationwide: During these high-energy, fast paced demonstrations, guests can watch the amazing antics of exotic, barnyard and domestic animals – including many adopted cats and dogs from area shelters. Demonstrations will take place both days at 3:30 p.m. Be sure to arrive early, as gates will close promptly at show time.
· Performances by Fortune: Enjoy the musical sounds of this five-piece band playing daily on the stage near Conservation Lake. Performances will take place daily at 10 a.m., 11 a.m., 12 p.m., 1 p.m. and 2 p.m.
· Special Hanna-versary animal enrichment: The fun doesn’t stop with Zoo guests! Animal Care staff will provide the animals at select habitats with special Jack-themed enrichment for the animals to enjoy. View the entire enrichment schedule on the Zoo’s website.
Since being hired as the Zoo Director in 1978—and through his current role as Director Emeritus—Jack Hanna has led the Columbus Zoo to become a world-renowned education and recreational organization. His humility, charisma and superhuman energy have landed him appearances on Good Morning America, the Late Show with David Letterman and even his own Emmy® winning television programs. Jack has used these platforms to educate audiences across the world about conservation and protecting wildlife in wild places. The Columbus Zoo would not be what it is today without the efforts and visionary leadership of Jungle Jack Hanna over the last 41 years.
All Jack Hanna Weekend activities are weather permitting and subject to change without notice. For more information about Jack Hanna Weekend, please visit ColumbusZoo.org.