With the average American spending nearly $3,000 on entertainment each year, the personal-finance website WalletHub released its report on 2019’s Most Fun Cities in America as well as accompanying videos.
In Ohio, Cincinnati ranked as the most fun city in the state and No. 21 overall.
To help Americans find the cities with the greatest number and variety of cheap, fun activities, WalletHub compared more than 180 U.S. cities across 66 key metrics, ranging from fitness clubs per capita to movie costs to average open hours of breweries.
|Top 20 Most Fun Cities in America|
|1||Las Vegas, NV||11||Austin, TX|
|2||Orlando, FL||12||New Orleans, LA|
|3||New York, NY||13||Honolulu, HI|
|4||Miami, FL||14||Denver, CO|
|5||Chicago, IL||15||Washington, DC|
|6||Atlanta, GA||16||Tampa, FL|
|7||San Francisco, CA||17||Seattle, WA|
|8||Portland, OR||18||St. Louis, MO|
|9||San Diego, CA||19||Houston, TX|
|10||Los Angeles, CA||20||Philadelphia, PA|
- New York has the most restaurants (per square root of population), 7.5023, which is 30.4 times more than in Peoria, Arizona, the city with the fewest at 0.2464.
- San Francisco and Boston have the highest share of the population with walkable park access, 100.00 percent, which is 2.9 times higher than in Jacksonville, Florida, the city with the lowest at 35.00 percent.
- New York has the most playgrounds (per square root of population), 0.6241, which is 19 times more than in Hialeah, Florida, the city with the fewest at 0.0328.
- San Francisco has the most dance clubs (per square root of population), 0.1516, which is 84.2 times more than in Plano, Texas, the city with the fewest at 0.0018.
- Oklahoma City has the lowest average beer price (per six-pack), $7.24, which is 1.6 times lower than in New York, the city with the highest at $11.78.
- Port St. Lucie, Florida, has the lowest movie cost, $6.63, which is 2.3 times lower than in Los Angeles, the city with the highest at $15.57.
To view the full report and your city’s rank, please visit: