Columbus Zoo and Aquarium
Enjoy all of the Halloween fun without the fright during the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium’s annual Boo at the Zoo celebration, presented by bubly™. Due to the popularity of this event in years past, the Zoo has added a third Boo at the Zoo weekend! This “merry-not-scary” event will take place during the weekends of Oct. 11-13, 18-20 and 25–27.
Boo at the Zoo will begin at 5 p.m. on Fridays and 10 a.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. The festivities will continue into the evening all weekend, ending at 9 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays and 8 p.m. on Sundays.
In addition to creating a third Boo at the Zoo weekend, the Zoo has added more activities and attractions than ever before. This year’s Boo at the Zoo happenings include:
– Marvel Superhero Meet and Greets with Spider-Man, Captain Marvel, the Incredible Hulk and Iron Man around Conservation Lake**
– Columbus Zoo Character Ambassador “Meet and Treats” and Rolling Celebrations**, presented by Donatos®
– Hanna’s Hay Ride to and from the North America region
– Pumpkin Smash animal enrichment activities throughout the day
– Surfin’ Safari “HOWL-oween” live demonstrations,**presented by Nationwide®
– Zoo Boo Choo-Choo train rides* through Vertebrate Village, pony rides* in the North America region and Candy Corn Carousel rides on the 1914 Mangels/Illions Carousel*
– The Oak Ridge Bears Halloween Hoedown in Polar Frontier
– Spooky Diver Demonstrations in Discovery Reef in the Shores region (select times)
– Frogwortz Academy Halloween Homecoming in the Asia Quest region
– “Chaos in Wonderland” playing daily at the Shores Park 4-D Theater*
– Pumpkinpalooza located in the Asia Quest region, featuring “Best of Show” performances and storytime with Spookley the Square Pumpkin
– Candy stops located around the Zoo, including a Teal Pumpkin station in Asia Quest for a candy alternative
– Performances by Columbus Dance Arts Academy, Fontana Dance Company, and Starlight Twirlers
– A final journey into the Jurassic Period on the Dinosaur Island boat ride* before it closes for the season on Oct. 13! (First weekend only)
Whether it be special animal enrichment, demonstrations, superheroes, hayrides, wizardry lessons or candy stops, Boo at the Zoo offers fun for the whole family—all included with the price of regular Zoo admission or membership. Costumes are encouraged for this Halloween celebration; please visit the Zoo’s Calendar Page for more information about costume restrictions and requirements.
*Additional fees may apply.
**Show times and meet and greet schedules can be found on the Zoo’s calendar page and are weather-permitting.