Here is a roundup of recent holiday shopping reports from WalletHub.
- Stage, Belk and Bealls Florida are 2019’s Best Stores for Black Friday, offering an average discount of at least 62.6%.
- Over 12% of items at major retailers will be more expensive on Black Friday than their current Amazon.com prices.
- Jewelry will offer the most value on Black Friday 2019 relative to its current prices, while consumer electronics are expected to have the least rewarding deals.
- 27% of consumers will spend less on holiday shopping this year than last year, according to WalletHub’s 2019 Holiday Shopping Survey.
- Target, Walmart and Sephora top the list of 2019’s Best Gift Cards.
- Consumers can save $300+ with one of 2019’s Best Credit Cards for Holiday Shopping.
- Some consumers already have access to little-known credit card benefits that can come in handy over the holidays, including price-drop protection and coverage for damaged or stolen items.
- All store credit cards do not charge an annual fee, and the average card offering rewards in the form of discounts gives you more than 26% off your first purchase, according to WalletHub’s 2019 Store Card Landscape Report.
- Most of the major retailers offering 0% financing use a dangerous feature called deferred interest, which has the potential to make holiday purchases up to 27.5 times more expensive than expected.