(Culinary.net) This ultimate fall dessert is filled with caramel sauce, topped with a fluffy cream cheese frosting and drizzled with even more caramel sauce. Family and friends can enjoy every morsel of this moist, autumn-themed cake.
Find more dessert recipes at Culinary.net.
Watch video to see how to make this recipe!
Pumpkin Caramel Spice Cake
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups caramel sauce, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 carton whipped topping
- Heat oven to 350° F. Lightly spray 9-by-13-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In bowl, mix cake mix, pumpkin, water, oil and eggs until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake 30-33 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in middle of cake comes out clean.
- While cake is hot, using end of wooden spoon, poke holes throughout top of cake. In microwave, heat 1 1/4 cups caramel sauce. Pour sauce into holes of cake. Let cool completely.
- In bowl, mix cream cheese and milk. Gradually add powdered sugar while mixing. Mix until smooth. Fold whipped topping into mixture.
- Spread frosting over cake, pressing frosting into holes of cake. Smooth out frosting.
- Drizzle remaining caramel sauce over frosting.