Today’s featured job is a Technical Writer role with Bold Penguin in Columbus.
Here is more information about the job.
JOB DESCRIPTION from indeed.com
We didn’t create Bold Penguin because commercial insurance is broken. It isn’t. But as the world has gotten more connected and digitized, commercial insurance lags behind—creating a fragmented landscape where businesses, agents, and insurance companies struggle to interact in a smooth and easy way. That’s why we’ve built a highly efficient exchange that cuts the friction out of commercial insurance by connecting everyone to the right quote in record time.
Powering the world of insurance is no small feat, so we’ve brought on a team that’s not only incredibly talented but also passionate about our potential to upgrade the entire industry. As more and more companies big and small depend on our technology to operate in the commercial insurance space, we’ll need the best talent all around to support our growth. That’s why we’re looking at you (yes, you!) to make a bold move and join our adventure.
As Bold Penguin’s first technical writer, you’ll be at the forefront of both creating documentation and the processes we follow going forward. The ideal candidate will be the subject matter expert in documentation standardization across compliance, APIs and security. Additionally, you’ll be building the foundation of our documentation practices, for the years to come.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Create and maintain both internally-and-externally-facing technical documentation pertaining to Bold Penguin’s products.
- Be the subject matter expert in all things documentation, especially as it pertains to Bold Penguin’s products, security, compliance, and APIs.
- Create a full documentation suite to support the growth of Bold Penguin’s products.
- Document a product onboarding process that ensures maximum customer satisfaction.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 4+ years of technical writing experience.
- Experience communicating with multiple audiences of various skill levels, both technical and business.
- The ability to gather requirements from various sources in order to effectively create technical documentation and processes.
- The ability to manage one’s own projects is a must.
- Experience in startups, commercial insurance, and/or insurtech is a plus.
Bold Penguin believes in inclusion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, beak size, or inability to fly.
To learn more about our results-focused culture and employee-focused perks, read more on our careers page.
Apply for the job here.