The Joseph Council
The Council came together in early March as the state began to issue orders to stop the spread of the coronavirus. In partnership with Governor DeWine’s Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives, The Council:
- Disseminates credible information and updates from the Ohio Department of Health about the spread of the virus to churches and ministries.
- Develops and shares creative and safe solutions to serve our neighbors.
- Provides insight to elected leaders on the needs and challenges facing our communities.
“Churches are doing amazing work today to serve the neediest, and help fight loneliness and isolation through the COVID-19 pandemic,” said Aaron Baer, President of Citizens for Community Values, which convenes The Council. “Innovative and loving strategies to help people through this difficult time are popping up throughout Ohio, and The Joseph Council is here to help share these ideas, and connect leaders across the state.”
The Joseph Council is named for the Biblical leader, Joseph, son of Jacob, who helped the leaders and people of Egypt navigate 7 years of famine.
At The Joseph Council website, ccv.org/josephcouncil, you can find:
- On Mission stories of creative ways Christians are helping serve their communities, along with tips about how you can help, too.
- The Finding Light blog with encouragement from pastors across Ohio.
- Questions and Answers with straightforward information about the orders and guidance from the Ohio Department of Health and the Center for Disease Control.
Citizens for Community Values with The Joseph Council also holds weekly “Faith Friday” calls with the Governor’s Office of Faith-Based and Community Initiatives to help keep community leaders up-to-date and discuss needs and challenges facing Ohio neighborhoods. This Friday, Senator Rob Portman will be joining the call to discuss how the CARES Act impacts and helps churches and ministries.
As Ohio’s Family Policy Council, Citizens for Community Values seeks the good of our neighbors throughout Ohio by advocating for public policy that reflects the truth of the Gospel. We endeavor to create an Ohio where God’s blessings of life, family, and religious freedom are treasured, respected, and protected.