With racial equality being a hot-button issue in 2020 and Hispanic Heritage Month in full swing, the personal-finance website WalletHub released its report on 2020’s Most & Least Diverse States in America, as well as accompanying videos.
To determine where the most idea and identity exchanges have occurred at the highest level in the U.S. — and where the population is relatively more homogeneous — WalletHub compared the 50 states across six key categories: socio-economic, cultural, economic, household, religious and political diversity.
Diversity in Ohio (1=Most Diverse, 25=Avg.):
- 35th – Income Diversity
- 38th – Educational-Attainment Diversity
- 34th – Racial & Ethnic Diversity
- 39th – Linguistic Diversity
- 48th – Birthplace Diversity
- 37th – Industry Diversity*
- 26th – Occupational Diversity*
- 46th – Worker-Class Diversity*
- 40th – Household-Size Diversity
- 28th – Religious Diversity
*Includes civilian employed population aged 16 and older
For the full report, please visit: