- Coverage of Real Madrid CF vs FC Barcelona rivalry in English and Spanish; Kickoff at 4 p.m. ET
- All-Star team of match and studio commentators, hosts, analysts and reporters from site
- ESPN+ available on ESPN.com, ESPN App for mobile and connected TV devices and Hulu
ESPN+ will present exclusive, English- and Spanish-language coverage of ElClásico — Real Madrid CF vs FC Barcelona — on Sunday, March 20 at 4 p.m. ET, live from Real Madrid’s Santiago Bernabéu stadium in Spain. Live coverage on ElClásico Sunday begins at 3pm ET with pregame editions of ESPN FC on ESPN+ and Fuera de Juego on ESPN+ and the ESPN App.
League leaders Real Madrid CF will host a resurgent FC Barcelona for the third rivalry match of the season. Real Madrid won the season’s first meeting 2-1 in October 2021, at Camp Nou. The rivals met again in January 2022 in the Supercopa de España semifinals, with Real Madrid CF defeating FC Barcelona in extra time 3-2 to extend their ElClásico winning streak to five games in all competitions.
- English: Ian Darke (play-by-play), Steve McManaman (analyst) and Kasey Keller, Sid Lowe Alexis Nunes (sideline)
- Spanish: Fernando Palomo (play-by-play), Hugo Sánchez (analyst) and Martín Ainstein, Moises Llorens, Pablo Zabaleta (sideline)
The ElClásico presentation on ESPN+ willoffer fans both the traditional match coverage and an alternative multi-camera viewing experience, giving fans the opportunity to enjoy different perspective and match data through a more personalized offering. As part of the coverage,the English- and Spanish-language pregame shows will integrate segments from ElClásico presented by Verizon watch parties featuring interviews with LaLiga ambassadors, including former Real Madrid CF forward Fernando Morientes (Houston), former FC Barcelona striker Patrick Kluivert (Miami), and former Real Madrid CF centre-forward Davor Suker (Los Angeles). ESPN’s Hérculez Gómez (Los Angeles), Carlos Nava (Houston) and Sebastián Salazar (Miami) will report from location – representing the most comprehensive remote events coverage for a European soccer match cross U.S. cities by an American network.
ElClásico Sunday Programming. All times Eastern. Full ElClásico Schedule.
|Sun., March 20||9 a.m.||Espanyol vs. Mallorca (Live)||ESPN+ (English/Spanish)|
|11:15 a.m.||Cadiz vs. Villarreal (Live)||ESPN+ (English/Spanish)|
|11:15 a.m.||Celta de Vigo vs. Real Betis (Live)||ESPN+(English/Spanish)|
|1:20 p.m.||Sevilla vs. Real Sociedad (Live)||ESPN Deportes, ESPN+ (English/Spanish)|
|3 p.m.||Fuera de Juego ElClásico Pregame (Live)||ESPN+, ESPN App|
|3 p.m.||ESPN FC ElClásico Pregame (Live)||ESPN+, ESPN App|
|4 p.m.||Real Madrid CF vs. FC Barcelona (Live)||ESPN+ (English/Spanish)|
|6 p.m.||ESPN FC Post Game (Live)||ESPN+|
|6 p.m.||Fuera de Juego Post Game (Live)||ESPN+|
ESPN’s English and Spanish-Language TV Personalities in Madrid for ElClásico
ESPN’s ElClásico commentator team includes former players and coaches reporting from Santiago Bernabéu. The roster: Martín Ainstein, Ian Darke, José del Valle, Rodrigo Fáez, Luis Garcia, Kasey Keller, Moises Llorens, Sid Lowe, Steve McManaman, Alexis Nunes, Rob Palmer, Fernando Palomo, Ricardo Puig, Hugo Sánchez, Gemma Soler, and Pablo Zabaleta.
Studio Shows from Madrid. Full ElClásico Schedule.
ESPN FC– ESPN+
ESPN FC begins its countdown to ElClásico on Thursday, March 17 with Alexis Nunes as host, joined by Ian Darke, Luis Garcia, Kasey Keller, Sid Lowe, and Steve McManaman, through Sunday. On Friday, the show will feature a special ElClásico edition that will include an interview with U.S. defender Sergiño Dest (FC Barcelona). The show airs at 8 p.m. ET on ESPN+ and on the ESPN App.
Game day coverage starts at 3 p.m. ET on ESPN+ and the ESPN App, with Dan Thomas and Alejandro Moreno in studio, joined by Luis Garcia, Sid Lowe and Alexis Nunes pitch-side. Darke and McManaman will provide analysis from the booth. A special post-game edition airs immediately after the conclusion of the match with full coverage from Madrid, including post-game reactions on ESPN+.
Fuera de Juego– Exclusively on ESPN+
The European soccer news and analysis show will serve as the Spanish-language pre- and post-game show throughout the weekend, with Ricardo Puig hosting from site alongside Martín Ainstein, Moisés Llorens, Manu Martín, Fernando Palomo, Hugo Sánchez, Gemma Soler, and Pablo Zabaleta, starting Thursday. These special editions will stream live on ESPN+ Thursday, March 17 and Friday, March 18 at 8 p.m. ET and on Saturday, March 19 at 3:30 p.m. ET and 6 p.m. ET. On Sunday, the show will air as pre- (3 p.m. ET) and post-game program (6 p.m. ET.).
SportsCenter – Sunday’s “SC Featured” segment on SportsCenter will air a profile on U.S. defender Sergiño Dest (FC Barcelona). Born in the Netherlands to a Dutch mother and Surinamese-American father, Dest has represented the United States internationally at senior level since 2019. The feature, reported by ESPN global correspondent and senior writer Sam Borden, will debut in the 8 a.m. ET edition of SportsCenter and will re-air in other editions Sunday and Monday.
Original Content: In addition to studio programming, ESPN+ will be home to original ElClásico content, available in English and Spanish. Full ElClásico Schedule.
- LaLiga the Movie: A film view of the first Clásico of the 2021-22 season
- Analyzing ElClásico: In-depth look at the tactical strategies both coaches have used throughout the season
- The Road to ElClásico: A look at marquee matches for Real Madrid CF and FC Barcelona so far this season
- LaLiga World: Stars from both teams talk about the season’s most eagerly-awaited rivalry match
- LaLiga Show: Will provide fans a full preview, latest news, and insiders’ view of ElClásico
- LaLiga 90 in 60: A condensed version of the 2021-22 first Clásico, a 2-1 victory for Real Madrid CF
- Supercopa de España 90 in 60: A condensed version of the first semifinal of the 2021-22 Supercopa de España, a 3-2 victory for Real Madrid CF.
Digital: Digital Soccer and Video Coverage in English and Spanish
Spain-based reporters Rodrigo Fáez, Alex Kirkland, Graham Hunter, Moisés Llorens, and Sid Lowe, will headline ESPN.com and ESPNDeportes.com daily news and information coverage. Highlights:
- ElClásico Preview:Real Madrid-Barcelona predictions, odds, big questions, stats to know and key matchups by Alex Kirkland and Sam Marsden
- Inside Xavi’s Barcelona revolution: How the former midfield maestro turned the team around by Graham Hunter
- Ryan O’Hanlon: How should Barcelona and Real Madrid line up next season?
- Match-day coverage and analysis from – Graham Hunter and Alex Kirkland
- Video highlights and analysis from ESPN FC experts
- Post-match rapid reactions from Gabriele Marcotti.
ElClásico content will feature prominently on ESPN’s industry-leading social media in the lead up, during and immediately after the match, including highlights, entertaining off-field moments, fan-generated content, custom edits, and more; across Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok and YouTube.
@ESPNDeportes social will also provide culturally relevant highlights, breaking news content, interviews, in the lead up, during and immediately after the match across its social media platforms – Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
ElClásico on ESPN+ Marketing Spot
ElClásico marketing spot features the music track “Saoko” from the new album of Spanish singer and songwriter Rosalía.
Additional LaLiga Matchday 29 Action on ESPN+, ESPN Deportes. Full ElClásico Schedule.
In addition to ElClásico, ESPN+ will air the nine remaining LaLiga matches from matchday 29, Friday, March 18, through Sunday, March 20. Highlights include:
- Sat., March 19 at 4 p.m. ET, ESPN+: LaLiga champions Atlético de Madrid visit Rayo Vallecano. The match will be produced from site with Rob Palmer (play-by-play) and Kasey Keller, ESPN soccer analyst and former Rayo Vallecano goalkeeper, returning to Vallecas for the match. The preshow will include content on Keller’s return to Vallecas stadium.
- Sunday, March 20, 1:30 p.m. ET, ESPN+, ESPN Deportes: A second-placed Sevilla hosts Real Sociedad.
Ways you can help support the show
Chase Bank – where you can get a $200 bonus by opening an account and doing a direct deposit. Open an account today at https://accounts.chase.com/consumer/raf/online/rafoffers?key=1934238931&src=N.
Ashley Furniture – Save money on your furniture with this coupon. https://www.ashleyfurniture.com/?extole_share_channel=SHARE_LINK&extole_shareable_code=viewfromthepugh5&extole_zone_name=friend_landing_experience
Donate to the show – Through CashApp at $ChrisPugh3.
Enter our featured contests – $1,000 Target giveaway (through Feb. 27), Win a $500 WalMart gift card (through Feb. 28), Win a $1,000 Best Buy gift card (through March 4) and Win a $1,000 Amazon gift card (through May 22)
Sign up for CashApp – Using the code ZFZWZGF. We will both get $5. https://cash.app/app/ZFZWZGF
Get your next project done for $5 through Fiverr – https://fiverraffiliates.com/affiliatev2/#:~:text=https%3A//fvrr.co/3K9Ugiq
Share us with your friends