(Culinary.net) Sweet treats are a favorite food, especially when they have a unique or unusual twist that makes them stand out from the crowd. When a dessert isn’t the classic chocolate or vanilla flavor, it can pique eaters’ interest. Cupcakes, macaroons and even pies have some intense flavors, however, it’s hard to top the delightful taste of these Fresh Ginger Cookies.
They are sweet and sugary with the perfect amount of ginger. Baked until golden brown, this dessert is a showstopper for family events and celebrations alike. Even the little ones will love to munch on this sweet treat with fresh, appealing flavor.
In a mixing bowl, mix flour, baking soda, ground ginger, ground cinnamon and salt until combined.
In a separate bowl, add butter, sugar and brown sugar then beat until fluffy. Add an egg and fresh ginger then beat the mixture again. Gradually add dry ingredients to this mixture until combined.
In a small bowl, add sugar. With a spoon, scoop out a small portion of dough and roll it into a small ball before rolling in sugar.
Repeat with the remaining dough then arrange balls on a cookie sheet and bake for 14 minutes until golden brown. Make sure your little ones wait to enjoy until the cookies have cooled completely.
From parties to picnics, these cookies can be a hit. They are simple to make, don’t take much time to bake and are unique enough to bring along to nearly any occasion. With ground and fresh ginger, these cookies are equally as appetizing as they are satisfying and sure to turn heads in the kitchen.
Find more sweet treat recipes at Culinary.net.
If you made this recipe at home, use #MyCulinaryConnection on your favorite social network to share your work.
Watch video to see how to make this recipe!
Fresh Ginger Cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup, plus 3 tablespoons, sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup grated fresh ginger
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- In medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, ground ginger, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In stand mixer, beat butter, 1 cup sugar and brown sugar until fluffy. Add egg and fresh ginger; beat until combined. Gradually add dry ingredients to mixer until combined.
- In small bowl, add remaining sugar. Using spoon, portion out dough, roll into balls then roll in sugar. Arrange balls on baking sheet at least 1 inch apart.
- Bake 14 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Transfer cookies to cooling rack and cool completely.
Ways you can help support the show
Chase Bank – where you can get a $200 bonus by opening an account and doing a direct deposit. Open an account today at https://accounts.chase.com/consumer/raf/online/rafoffers?key=1934238931&src=N.
Ashley Furniture – Save money on your furniture with this coupon. https://www.ashleyfurniture.com/?extole_share_channel=SHARE_LINK&extole_shareable_code=viewfromthepugh5&extole_zone_name=friend_landing_experience
Donate to the show – Through CashApp at $ChrisPugh3.
Sign up for CashApp – Using the code ZFZWZGF. We will both get $5. https://cash.app/app/ZFZWZGF
Get your next project done for $5 through Fiverr – https://fiverraffiliates.com/affiliatev2/#:~:text=https%3A//fvrr.co/3K9Ugiq