(Family Features) Over the past two years, home chefs have had time to explore new recipes, ingredients and cooking techniques, which is why it is no surprise dinner parties are, at long last, a way to celebrate together in 2022. Now is the perfect time to share your newfound skills with family and friends.
It can be easy to get caught up in hosting duties, but few hosts want to spend all their time in the kitchen when they could be enjoying a great meal. Gail Simmons, food expert and TV personality, has tips and tricks you can bookmark to help turn your dinner party from good to great.
Reach for Trusted, High-Quality Shortcuts: When entertaining, always use the best ingredients you can find that don’t require a lot of fuss, but still feel special. Made with premium cuts of hand-filleted, wild caught yellowfin and albacore tuna, a time-saving ingredient like Genova Premium Tuna is high in protein, a great source of omega-3s and has a uniquely rich and savory flavor that offers a taste of the Mediterranean in every bite.
Host a Themed Party: To host a fun and fresh Mediterranean-themed party this summer, decorate your table with blue and white patterned plates, delicate olive oil and vinegar bottles, cutting boards and fresh ingredients such as lemons and greenery instead of traditional centerpieces. When paired with a flavorful seafood recipe, like this Tuna Romesco Salad Board, your guests will feel like they’re enjoying the Mediterranean all summer long.
For more dinner party inspiration, visit GenovaSeafood.com.
Tuna Romesco Salad Board
Recipe courtesy of Gail Simmons on behalf of Genova Tuna
- 3 large Roma tomatoes
- 1 roasted red pepper, skin removed and seeded (or from jar), coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup roasted salted almonds
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cans Genova Yellowfin Tuna in Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 bunch scallions
- kosher salt, divided
- freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 zucchini, sliced 1/2-inch thick on bias
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced lengthwise into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup roasted salted almonds
- 1/2 cup marinated artichokes, drained, patted dry and halved
- 1 bunch radishes, halved
- 1/2 cup green olives
- 1/2 cup black olives
- 4 ounces manchego cheese, sliced into triangles
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- To make romesco: Preheat broiler. Cover sheet pan with parchment paper or foil. Place tomatoes on sheet pan and broil until well charred on both sides, 2-4 minutes per side. Transfer tomatoes to bowl; cool slightly then remove skin, core, seed and coarsely chop.
- In blender, combine tomatoes; roasted red pepper; almonds; garlic; vinegar; paprika; red pepper flakes, if using; salt; and pepper until chunky paste forms. With blender on high speed, slowly drizzle in oil, scraping down sides of blender as needed until mixture creates rustic texture. Transfer romesco to bowl and taste for seasoning. Let romesco sit covered at room temperature 1 hour.
- To prepare board: In bowl, drain tuna; set aside. Set grill on medium-high heat and brush grates with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Grill scallions until charred and tender, about 4 minutes per side. Remove to large plate and season with salt and pepper. Toss zucchini and red pepper in olive oil then season with salt and pepper. Grill until charred and tender, about 3 minutes per side. Remove to same plate to cool slightly.
- To assemble:With large spoon, scoop generous amount of romesco into center of board.Using back of spoon, spread romesco into circle with well in center. Gently pile tuna into well. Arrange zucchini, pepper, roasted almonds, artichokes, radishes, olives and cheese around romesco and tuna. Sprinkle tuna with chopped parsley before serving.
Ways you can help support the show
Chase Bank – where you can get a $200 bonus by opening an account and doing a direct deposit. Open an account today at https://accounts.chase.com/consumer/raf/online/rafoffers?key=1934238931&src=N.
Ashley Furniture – Save money on your furniture with this coupon. https://www.ashleyfurniture.com/?extole_share_channel=SHARE_LINK&extole_shareable_code=viewfromthepugh5&extole_zone_name=friend_landing_experience
Donate to the show – Through CashApp at $ChrisPugh3.
Sign up for CashApp – Using the code ZFZWZGF. We will both get $5. https://cash.app/app/ZFZWZGF
Get your next project done for $5 through Fiverr – https://fiverraffiliates.com/affiliatev2/#:~:text=https%3A//fvrr.co/3K9Ugiq
Follow our podcast hosts on Twitter – Chris Pugh, Craig Shoup, Paul Yanchek, Joe Frost and also follow co-hosts George Thomas and Bob Garver.
Read Chris and Craig’s professional work – Read Chris Pugh’s work for the Columbus Dispatch and Cincinnati Enquirer and Craig’s work at Clarksville Leaf-Chronicle