(Family Features) Before the big meal, gifts and cherished moments at the family table, almost every holiday party starts with an important tradition: breaking the ice. This year, you can serve up a smile and start the party with this crave-inducing appetizer to get everyone talking.
The sweet touch of Roasted Garlic Whipped Feta Crostini from Milk Means More can be your delightful way to brighten the season of gifts and gatherings. With its creamy cheesiness from a homemade whipped topping boasting the richness of feta and whole milk, it’s an easy and tasty way to invite friends, family and neighbors into your home. This shareable treat comes together in a cinch while adding pops of cheerful color to plates and platters.
Find more holiday recipe inspiration at MilkMeansMore.org.
Watch video to see how to make this recipe!
Roasted Garlic Whipped Feta Crostini
Recipe courtesy of Liz Della Croce of “The Lemon Bowl” on behalf of Milk Means More
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 bulb garlic (about 12 cloves)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus additional for drizzling, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper divided
- 32 baguette slices
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 1/2 cup whole milk, plus additional, if necessary (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Slice garlic bulb in half, exposing garlic heads, and place in center of large piece of tinfoil. Drizzle each half with 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Wrap foil tightly around garlic and roast until caramelized, about 30 minutes.
- Place baguette slices on large baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake on second rack in oven until golden brown about 10 minutes; set aside.
- In high-speed food processor, pulse feta cheese, milk, lemon juice, remaining salt, remaining pepper and roasted garlic cloves until whipped and creamy, adding more milk as needed to reach desired consistency. Check for seasoning and adjust, to taste.
- To serve, spread each baguette slice with whipped feta and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and minced parsley.
United Dairy Industry of Michigan
How you can connect with us
Connect with Chris Pugh on social media